The mission of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and Post 9557 is as follows:
- To support programs that increase awareness of the sacrifices of America’s veterans.
- To promote citizenship education, volunteerism and positive youth programs.
- To facilitate aid for veterans, active duty personnel and their families that are in need of medical, rehabilitative, educational, financial and employment services.
The VFW is committed to improving the lives of veterans and service personnel, their families and their communities.VFW Fact Sheet
Our Post’s activities include ongoing support of the patients and residents at the Long Beach VA Healthcare System by providing recreation, special meals, and seasonal gifts:
- We visit the Spinal Cord Injury wards each month with the exception of January and February.
- We conduct monthly bingo games at the Community Living Center.
- We support special meals and barbecues.
- We prepare special gift bags to be distributed at Christmas.
Our participation in these activities is made possible through fundraising events held on Independence Day, and during the Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day weekends.
Our fundraising consists of accepting donations while distributing Buddy Poppies at two Stater Bros Markets and at the Bella Terra Mall.
We also have the means of accepting secure online donations through our website and social media pages.